Advertising

Wednesday, August 25, 2010


THE BEACH BOYS TODAY!/SUMMER DAYS AND SUMMER NIGHTS

One CD. 29 songs. If you're a rock scholar, you've probably heard of Pet Sounds and Sunflower as the "go-to" classic Beach Boys albums. For my money, you can't go far wrong with this CD which combines the Beach Boys albums released in 1965. 

Not only do you get these two classic albums which includes seminal tracks like When I Grow Up (To Be A Man), Please Let Me Wonder, She Knows Me Too Well, Help Me Rhonda (Single Version), California Girls, Let Him Run Wild, You So Good To Me, And Your Dreams Come True but also the single The Little Girl I Once Knew (my favorite Beach Boys song bar none!).

I cannot over-emphasize this enough but if you're a songwriter, then this album must be in your collection. The tunes, the vocal and instrumental arrangements - simply breathtaking! Timeless, essential POP music!!


No comments: