Advertising

Tuesday, February 09, 2010




SURPRISES

Just realized that I haven't blogged about Saturday's Introduction to Songwriting workshop. So here goes...

Frankly, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was told a week before that only 15 tickets had been sold so maybe a small, intimate audience was the best I could hope for. In the end, it was double that. Which was very cool.

Initially I was also concerned whether I could fill up two hours properly and in the end I had to rush the talk to finish on time! Also, very cool.

The audience was made up of a interesting cross-section of folk of different ages and backgrounds. From young adults to senior citizens, I think at best I personally knew about five? Joyce, Des, Stella, Sam and Julian. Yeah, five! Mostly strangers then.

I was glad to have second son Zachary along to assist me, he did as he supposed to and I hope he enjoyed himself (and maybe learned something) as well.

So, this works! And folk will pay to watch someone (whom they don't know) ramble for two hours about songwriting. A future? Who knows but its certainly a direction I'm going to pursue...

... and there's more ...

Proper pix when I get hold of some.

Thanks to all that attended and of course, to Chloe, Gen, Angel and the rest of the Esplanade crew for an enjoyable day. You rock!!!


No comments: