Advertising

Saturday, January 09, 2010

I have resolved to write and record as many new songs as possible. So I came upon this songwriting competition for the Youth Olympic Games, to be held in Singapore this year. I was struck how as usual that rather than assigning such an important task to the many fine songwriters we have, it's a "free for all" contest with judges and a voting system (curse you, American Idol) - the complete dumbing down of our noble artform, if you ask me.

Of course, that meant that I had a submit a song (which I lose all rights to, if selected) and I did. It's called Game and its filled with tongue-in-cheek lyrics about how its not about fortune or fame or even riches or gain but "playing the game". Yeah, right...

All quite a lark really but let's see how it does. If you wanna listen, you can do so here and vote accordingly, if so inclined.

No comments: