Advertising

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Yes, I am surprised as you are. Probably. A few months ago, Chloe (from Esplanade) asked me to give a 2-hour talk on songwriting and I thought - "why not?"

Why not, indeed?

I basically took all the ideas and concepts I'd been sharing with my Noise apprentices these last two years and set them out into a talk. Also, I did a little more analysis about what it means to write songs, not only for myself personally but songwriting as an art and craft.

So, expect the first half of the talk to focus on a little "theory" but in actuality, we'll been listening to loads of great music and songwriters and understanding what makes them (both song and writer) tick. The second half will be personal... how I started writing songs and how it has evolved to the present day.

And so, if you're interested, the talk will be held at the Esplanade Rehearsal Studio on Saturday, 6th Feb 2010 at 2pm. Tickets are priced at $15 and available now at SISTIC.

It will be fun...

No comments: