Advertising

Friday, December 18, 2009



Ah, nostalgia! The +65 Indie Underground 3-CD set dropped into stores this week and it really is a good purchase for anyone remotely interested in Singapore rock. I guess I will be asked why the original recording isn't on this set but the 15th anniversary version instead.

Well, basically I don't own the rights to the recording and the company that does - Odyssey Music - doesn't exist anymore. And... I've always felt that the original recording was too shiny, clean and robotic so that is why I recorded the more organic version with James, Brian, HQ and Esther last year. When Universal got wind of the track, they requested for it to be in the comp and so...

Well, what do you think? Do you prefer '93 or '08 edition?

Anyways - go get +65 Indie Underground now... more about the comp to come...

2 comments:

Joe90 said...

Kevin, I prefer your most recent version of this song. Forgive me, I mean no offence, but I found the original recording rather twee sounding, especially with its tinkly pinkly keyboards!

Samuel said...

The '08 version for me, if only because it's closer to the version I know from your gigs. :)