Advertising

Sunday, November 29, 2009


Reviewing Andrew Chen's excellent new album, You Just Might, brought to mind, of all people, the legendary Daryl Hall & John Oates, one of the finest pop duos of the 80s. This, of course, necessitated a frantic search through my CDs before I settled on this "best of" compilation (above) which features such classic hits as Sara Smile, Kiss On My List, Everytime You Go Away, One On One and so on.


After some searching around on the Internet, I also discovered that Daryl Hall is currently hosting a monthly webcast called Live From Daryl's House, which as the name suggests features Daryl (now a spry 63!!!) performing choice material on his own as well as with awesome guests like Todd Rundgren, John Oates, Chuck Prophet, KT Tunstall, Nick Lowe and Smokey Robinson. A brilliant idea!

All of which is inspiring me with regards to possible live directions viz. blue-eyed soul pop, which I think will go down well with the general public. What do you think? Would you leave home to watch classic R&B covers from yours truly?

...still there's more...

1 comment:

Samuel Wee said...

It'd be interesting, to say the least. I recall your falsetto being in fine form the last time I saw you playing live!