Advertising

Friday, November 06, 2009

Meet the Apprentices.

Last week, I met up with my Noise Apprentices (viz. Narisa and Celina), to kick start The Apprentice Program for 2009-2010. Ahead of them would be CD recordings and live performances, including a prestigious spot at the Youth Olympics Games musical showcases!

And so begins a two month process whereby I share what I know about songwriting, performance and music in general. Hope they'll enjoy the experience as much as I will.

After all, there's just so much music but so little time. So I'm thinking about what I can do to help them along, guide them in the direction they wanna go and hope it all works out. The two girls are so different but have the same needs - to learn about music and I want to do whatever I can to give them what they need.

Tomorrow will be the first 'real' work session when we'll be focusing on songwriting. I need to suit the session specifically to their strengths and weaknesses (what I perceive them to be). So its a lot of music listening & CD selection tonight to open their ears to a different world of musical possibilities.

Stay tuned for more updates, boys and girls...


No comments: