Advertising

Saturday, November 21, 2009

An interesting Saturday spent in the company of young people. In the morning, Samuel Wee (one of my off and on contributors to PowerofPop.com) interviewed me for the New Paper (where he now interns) and we chatted for almost two hours about music and stuff. Not sure what the article will be about though, interior design tips? Heh. Believe me, it was really fun.

In the afternoon, it was the turn of my Noise apprentices to pick my brains (so to speak, or was it the other way round?). First up, was Narisa, as we began the task of arranging the song (called Valentine's Day) to be recorded for the upcoming Noise CD. It's a straightforward melodic slab of sunshine pop which I believe will go down well, if we can work out an arrangement that serves the song best.

Next, was Celina and her intriguing modern grunge-folk sensibility - don't ask me why - I keep thinking I need to play for her Neil Young songs. It all gonna make sense soon, trust me. We worked on her song Cinderella, which we hope to grant an earthy feel to convey the emotional weight of the lyrics.

Exciting stuff!

In the meantime, check out some music from these up & coming singer-songwriters.



Yep, MidnightSugarRush is Celina.


Fight is a marvelous song and deserves to be recorded but maybe for another time. What say you, Narisa?

Funnily enough, neither of these songs will on the Noise CD.

Stay tuned for more updates to come...

1 comment:

Samuel Wee said...

Not sure how interior design the article will be, if at all...I suspect the only thing interior design about it will be the header.

Anyway you know it was just an excuse for me to pick your brain. I had a lot of fun too. Thanks for the great time...and great coffee!